Sunday, August 11, 2013

EID MUBARAK!!!!

Eid Mubarak! I know it's a little late but I was just busy with my family. We decorated the house with lights and I made an Eid banner. I got presents for and from my whole family. My favorite was a iPod cover that my brother gave me. It's so pretty, shiny and sparkly! I also gave badam ka halwa (Almond sweet) to my urdu teacher in a jar. I will post the recipe for it on another day.

My outfit was red and purple and was from Pakistan. I also wore red choorian (bangles) that came from India. I got to do a sleepover at my cousins' house and we had an eid feast over there. Another day everyone came to our house for a family dinner. This Eid was so fun and exciting!
Eid banner and lights
Eid gifts. I made so many eid cards!
Badam ka halwa for my teacher
Choorian 
My khussay (shoes)
Henna on my hands. My mom did my left hand and I got the right hand done at the festival.
My new iPod cover!

7 comments:

  1. Wow what a fun Eid! You must be tired after all that excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mehndi, chooriyan, your shoes and the ipod cover are simply wonderful. :)

    I think your Mom's mehndi (henna) is so much more artistic and delicate too.

    I wish I had more time to spend with you over Eid. Reading your account of all you did, it sounds so exciting.

    Lots of love to my dear Sum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eid Mubarak Sum! Looks like you had a really fun time. Thanks for all the gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EID MUBARAK! This is some 'tastic blog you have here. Great pictures! The mehndi looks real nice. If you thought this Eid was great, it only gets better as you get older. The ipod cover is pretty. 'Yas is a good brother for getting that for you. Hope to visit you guys soon, inshaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your clothes, henna, and choorian, your moms henna is way better

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your awesome comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is the brown one her mom's? Or the red one?!

    ReplyDelete