Friday, September 13, 2013

The Colorful Star Crayons

My mom and I made star crayons. This is a good way to recycle old crayons. We got some really awesome colored crayons. We got the idea from this blog http://findinghomeonline.com/crafting-with-kids-how-to-make-crayons/

 HERE ARE THE STEPS:

1. First we peeled the crayons

2. Then we broke the crayons

3.We mixed fun colors and we put the pieces in star mold.

4. We melted them in a hot oven for 10 minutes

5. Then my mom took them out and let the crayons cool before putting them in the freezer for 10 minutes. The crayons were ready to take out of the mold.

6 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Great way to recycle old crayons :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I will have to try it sometime because I have lots of old crayons that Yasir is trying to eat :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool idea!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comments. I hope you all try this fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your Mom as such geniuses. What a great idea.

    I hope all your friends liked these star crayons at the picnic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete